Van Til Tool

Using the Van Til Perspective as the tool to discover what life means and how it ought to be lived.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

TRUMP SENDING TWEETS NOT NEW: JULIUS CAESAR DID IT A LONG TIME AGO !!

TRUMP  SENDING  TWEETS  NOT  NEW!!

JULIUS  CAESAR  DID  IT  LONG  AGO!!


Trump's use of Twitter is being regarded as quite innovative for a head of State.

Hey, nothing new about that.  Ever hear about how Julius Caesar informed the Senate of one of his military victories??  He did it in only THREE  WORDS!!! :

Veni,  Vidi,  Vici -- three words in LATIN that is, in English it is six words:

I CAME    I  SAW    I  CONQUERED

This is how a certain historical scholar put it::



To inform his friends back in Rome of his victory, Caesar succinctly wrote, "Veni, vidi, vici," or "I came, I saw, I conquered." Even back then, people were impressed with the way Caesar summarized his triumph: Plutarch writes that "In Latin, however, the words have the same inflectional ending, and so a brevity which is most impressive."



Posted by Me, Forrest Schultz,  on  March 8,  2017 A.D.

I do not care that much for Caesar but I really like his Tweet!!  Don't you love it??!!  Very refreshing, esp. after having to read so much bureaucratic stuff!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home